1. Text 2 Stop Campus Assaults and other harmful activities is promoted through posters, cards and other materials.
Studies have shown Text-a-Tip programs to be a very effective method of reducing, assaults, bullying, violence and drugs in schools. It is discreet and effective because it allows students to report suspicious or unsafe activities using the method they are most comfortable with...texting.
Text 2 Stop it! ™ Our program takes this already proven successful program, that allows students to leave tip messages, and enhanced it to include: - Two-way text chat to obtain critical information and follow-up from students - Ability to send pictures and video of the incident - Effective marketing program and posters to encourage student use.
Text SECURE to 71441
to report harmful activities
2. Students text a unique keyword such as "SECURE" to anonymously report sexual assaults, rape, bullying, drugs or other harmful activities.
4. Transcript of the exact conversation is emailed to school administrator. If the text is an emergency, we will urge the texter to call 911 and Text 2 Stop it will send a text to the school administrator.
3. Text 2 Stop It operators engage texter in a two-way text conversation to gather actionable information (names, dates, witnesses, pictures, etc.)
• Between 20% and 25% of women will experience a completed and/or attempted rape during their college career.
• More than half of raped college women tell no one of their victimization.
• 80% of sexual assault and rape victims are under the age of 30.
• 44% of sexual assault and rape victims are under the age of 18.
• Persons with a disability had an age-adjusted rate of rape or sexual assault that was more than twice the rate for persons
without a disability.
• Juveniles (youth ages 17 and under) account for almost 90% of male victims in every type of sex crime.
• 99% of people who rape are men.
• In 1 in 3 sexual assaults, the perpetrator was intoxicated.
• Only about 2% of all sexual assault accusations reported to police turn out to be false. This is the same rate of false reporting as other types of violent crimes.